Saturday, September 18, 2010

Li Yundi and Fabio



Not sure why he was formerly known as Yundi Li, then Yundi, now Li Yundi, but let us not get distracted. What really irks me is the video for Schumann's "Traumerei." When you are lauded as one of the world's greatest musicians (as is Yundi/Yundi Li/Li Yundi/LY LoveMachine/Looooww Ryyyder), it is almost a responsibility to make an awesome music video. So what happened with Yundi's/Li Yundustrious's video for "Traumerai?"

Since I don't wish to make enemies, I will simply state that I am less than impressed with this particular video. Frankly, whomever is doing PR for YL/LY should be fired immediately. This video is so contrived, cheesy, and just disconcerting in many ways. I guess what really bothers me is that classical music needs superstars to help revive popularity amongst the masses. But is a video of one of the world's most exciting pianist portrayed as Milli Vanilli going to draw crowds? It remains to be seen...but it has the power to quickly make one nauseous.

Please watch and be be less than excited:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe this video is at least 5 years old.