Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Debashish Bhattacharya and Bob Brozman

Hello All -

So, I stumbled across the following musicians - quite serendipitously, I might add - while listening to my favorite late night music show "New Sounds" with John Schaefer on WNYC. I had been looking into slide guitarists earlier in the day and craving some slide guitar music, only to discover two new incredible guitarists.

Bob Brozman, a strange guitarist who seems to have bounced around the world and played with musicians on practically every continent, spent a little time in India with India's preeminent slide guitarist Debashish Bhattacharya to record a very unique album.

They recorded one track in particular that makes my hair stand on end: Tagore Street Blues.

I highly recommend a listen below:

No comments: